Happy Sunday, friends! I've had a wonderful and relaxing weekend so far. I wish I could say that I have done a lot of stamping, but, I've actually done more organizing and cleaning in my craft room than anything. But sometimes that feeling of accomplishment and order is equally as satisfying! I love some of my new storage and organization solutions. Let's take a look:
The first project I tackled is lining my clear acrylic blocks with this product called Graphix Cling Vinyl. Have you seen or read about this stuff yet? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You know how some of your stamps fall off of those clear blocks and ultimately ruin something? I know we've all been there. So annoying!
Well, here's a simple answer:
Cut a piece of the Graphix Cling Vinyl to the size of your block.
Peel off one side and adhere to the block.
Then peel off the backside.
Note: I only did this on one side of the blocks, because then I can use the other non-vinyl side with those photopolymer stamps that stick so well.
This vinyl is repositionable. Didn't get it on straight enough? Lift it up and start all over again. It's that easy! Plus, one $5.95 package of 6 sheets of Graphix Cling Vinyl won't break the bank and is all you need! I did this entire shoebox full of blocks and still have 3 sheets left over. I promise, with a little bit of time and money, this trick will be well worth it.
Project number two this weekend was to tackle my steel die storage. I have always used the Magnetic Art Bin system. But, I found that, 1) I have too many dies! (not really) and, 2) these get extremely heavy in a basket to have to sort through. I also found it extremely frustrating to sort through two baskets to find the one die that I needed. Oh. . . and forget about putting it back!
I had been considering a few different solutions to my die storage, but, I knew that I really wanted something that would be on full display (as seen above). I have enjoyed the ease of having all of my stamp sets easily viewable, thanks to the Mosslanda Ikea pictures ledges.
As it turns out, this project was completely FREE! I had everything already! I simply snipped the tabs off of the magenetic sheets to make them perfect rectangles. Then using lots of Gorilla Glue, I stuck them onto my pegboard!
Oh, let me tell you, this changed my life! I LOVE IT!
I also think I own enough dies. . .
I do. . .
And, my last simple storage trick for today is a picture I posted earlier this week.
A $12.99 60 spool thread holder that I re-purposed!
For the full video of my craft room featuring other storage solutions, click here.
For me, having a clean and well organized craft room helps my productivity.
I hope you find these storage and organization tricks simple, cheap and helpful!
You might also enjoy:
Hi, I'm Crystal. . .
My Craft Room:
I design for:
Shop My Favorites
I am Crystal Komara, aka "Super Stamp Girl," an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator from Western Mass, and I am solely responsible for this blog. Stampin' Up! does not endorse the use of this blog or it's contents. All Images © 1990-2018 Stampin' Up!®
(unless otherwise noted.)
All items on this site including text, photographs, concept design, works of original artwork and content shared on this blog are for your personal use, inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.