I am very excited to share with you today's project - stamped clay ornaments! I think you'll be surprised by how super easy these are to make (even if you've never worked with clay before) and they are beautiful presents to give away.
You can buy any brand of clay - Sculpey, Fimo and Della Robbia are to name but a few of the brands I have seen. Just make sure the label reads "oven baked." I found Sculpey at my local A.C. Moore craft store and it was relatively cheap. It also comes in a whole variety of colors too, if you desire something other than white. For today's simple and elegant ornaments, white was all I needed.
7 Easy Steps to Making Your Own Clay Ornaments:
1. Roll the block of clay around in your hands for a few minutes to warm it up and make it more pliable.
2. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/4" thickness.
3. Using a cookie cutter (circles, stars and hearts work well) cut out your desired shape.
4. Take any stamp you want and stamp your clay as desired.
5. Using a drinking straw, poke a hole in the top of the ornament to hang a ribbon through.
6. Bake ornaments on parchment paper for 15 minutes at 275 to completely harden.
7. Loop a beautiful ribbon through the hole and hang on your tree!