It's a special double-post Sunday as I race to finish challenge cards before their deadlines! There needs to be an 8-day week, or 3-day weekend, or perhaps I should be a full-time demonstrator. . . YES! I like that idea most! That would afford me all the time in the world to make cards all day long. Of course, it probably wouldn't pay the electricity bill, the water bill, or the mortgage, so. . . I'd have no light, no sustenance and essentially no home in which to work! Such a predicament. . .
Card #2 for today is for the Freshly Made Sketches sketch challenge and I do think it's VERY creative indeed. Here is the challenge banner:
I know what you are thinking. . . "OMG! She turned a half-circle into a ladybug!"
Yes, I did.
Score one for Super Stamp Girl's ingenuity!
You too can make your very own ladybug card! Here's how:
1. Take a sheet of Basic Black 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock and cut in half horizontally on the 11" side. This will give you two 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 sized A2 cards.
2. Cut a piece of Whisper White Paper to 5 1/4 x 4".
3. Run that piece of Whisper White paper through your Big Shot using the Clouds embossing folder.
4. Mount the embossed piece of Whisper White cardstock onto the Basic Black card.
5. Run a piece of 5 1/2 x 1" Garden Green cardstock through any punch that resembles grass. Or, if you have already received your Fringe Scissors (I'm still waiting on mine) use those too!
6. Run a piece of Real Red through your circle framelets to make the body of the ladybug.
7. Punch a circle out of Basic Black cardstock with the 1 3/4" circle punch.
8. Adhere the ladybug's head to the white cardstock and then attach the ladybug's body over the head.
9. Now, go crazy punching 1/8 circles using a hand hole puncher and punch a few extra because you WILL lose some.
10. Attach the ladybug's "dots" with glue dots to the red body and and 2 extra for the antennae.
11. Take a black pen or marker and draw your own antennae lines.
12. Stamp the sentiment of your choice.
That's it! 12 Steps to Make-Your-Own-Ladybug card!
Thanks for stopping by and have a S-U-P-E-R day!
Hi, I'm Crystal. . .
My Craft Room:
I design for:
Shop My Favorites
I am Crystal Komara, aka "Super Stamp Girl," an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator from Western Mass, and I am solely responsible for this blog. Stampin' Up! does not endorse the use of this blog or it's contents. All Images © 1990-2018 Stampin' Up!®
(unless otherwise noted.)
All items on this site including text, photographs, concept design, works of original artwork and content shared on this blog are for your personal use, inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.